WHAT IF YOU SWALLOWED A CHEWING GUM– Chewing gum has been in the mouths of people from the very ancient period. Many sources prove that chewing gum has been in the trend from nine thousand years. The chewing gum was first introduced in the northern Europe as the people in that region used to chew on Birch Bark as it gave pleasure to them and helped them get rid of their tooth aches. Since then it has been a trend as many people now chew gum from different parts of the world. But the main things is what would happen if we swallow a chewing gum?
FIRST CHEWING GUM FACTORY:
Can You Guess where was the first chewing gum factory located? If You didn’t know, The first chewing gum factory was introduced in Maine, USA. The European settlers took the idea from the native Indians. The factory was launched in the mid 1850’s.
FOUR MAIN DIVISIONS IN CHEWING GUM:
The chewing is basically divided into four parts. These are they four main keys to produce a proper tasting and long lasting chewing. Here are the four main divisions and their percentages.
GUM BASE – 24%
COLORING – 6%
FLAVORING – 2%
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU SWALLOW A CHEWING GUM
Well most of us might have heard that if we somehow swallowed a gum, It remains in our stomach for seven years and guess what its just a myth. Then what will happen to the gum that had been swallowed by mistake? Here is what happens – The Chewing gum goes in your mouth as a normal food but it takes a lot more time to digest as it is very hard to digest the gummy texture which is made up of wax and other non digestible substances. The Liver in your digestive system eliminates all the harmful coloring of the gum and other digestive intestinal activities take place as usual, As a result, The gum comes out from your body as a stool.
BENEFITS OF CHEWING GUM:
- Increases the memory power and boosts your thinking ability.
- Reduces the risk of stress and anxiety.
- Helps you lose weight or decreases the risk of obesity.
- Reduces ear pain,
- Prevents cavities and strengthens enamel.
BAD SIDE OF CHEWING GUM:
- It may increase your junk food intake.
- Over take of chewing gum leads to jaw disorder.
- Takes a lot of time in digestion process.
- Chewing can cause head ache.
- Artificial Colors and sweeteners can be alergic to few people.
- Chewing gum can hinder Your metabolism.
- Increases the risk of stomach pain.
- Chewing gum produce gastritis and colic which increases intestinal problems.
As you guys can see, there are more disadvantages than advantages of chewing gum. So, it is better to have chewing gum to some limitation. To have a healthier mouth, try eating not more than 3 chewing gum per week. As You read from the above information, These are the things that would happen if you swallow a chewing gum and its advantages and disadvantages.